Sunday, January 22, 2012

////

A day without diapers

So, we started this day going "nuclear", i.e. no diapers, to get this potty training train out of the station. She has shown lots of signs of being ready, so I figured this was a good next step. Well, she did fantastic! She had one mess outside during messy play, and one BM inside (eeeew!), but other than that it was perfect! Of course I did put her in a diaper for nap time and for bed time because I know she's not ready to conquer that just yet. So, naked butt baby enjoyed some delicious breakfast tacos with eggs, cilantro, cheese, and salsa. Yum! My brother in law gave me the best homemade salsa recipe. Nice and spicy. I love that Ady will eat just about anything, and almost drinks this salsa up even though it is on the spicy side. :)

Next, we checked on our herbs which I planted last Sunday from seed in vermiculite. Lots of them decided to sprout today! So, right now the chives, thyme, Italian basil, and sweet basil have sprouted. The oregano and the parsley are still working on it. I remember the parsley being a bit slow last year, but last year's crop is still going strong so I may not need it.
Next, we went out to do some messy play: finger painting! Ady was so cute in her little smock and no bottoms. :) For her sake, we will not show those photos (she'll thank me one of these days). She would dip her hands in the paint, put it on the paper, and then spend the next 5 minutes rinsing off her hands in the water bowl. Then she did it all again. It was way more fun splashing in the water.
Later on we made granola using the recipe on SouleMama's website here. It turned out delicious! I am so glad to have discovered the joys of cold pressed coconut oil. It is delicious! I made a veggie korma a couple of days ago that turned out delish and I'm sure the coconut oil helped that along.
After nap time we played outside a bit, went for a nice walk, watered the garden, and clipped some camellia branches from our trees. The blooms are so amazing, so I'd try to see how long they might last inside. I read a tip that adding 1 TBSP of mouthwash to a half gallon of water would preserve the flowers (an alternative to one of those packets that you get with bouquets). I'm curious to see whether it works. They are so beautiful on my counter, and they were free!
We did some yoga and other games on the Wii Fit. Ady was a champ at the yoga, but I keep getting reminded of how short her attention span is! Oh, and we danced too. That's always fun. I can't tell if she's laughing with joy or laughing at her mama for trying to dance, but I'll take it any way I can get it. Today was a really fun day!

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment