Saturday, March 16, 2013

////

To Eat - Tomato, Basil, Cheese Pasta Bake Recipe



So, this yummy looking recipe was the first one to be randomly selected when I performed my Random Pinterest algorithm.

Here is the original post on the Budget Savvy Diva blog:  Tomato, Basil, Cheese Pasta Bake Recipe


I made fresh pesto from a huge $1 bag of basil from the Asian market down the street.  This is more of a Thai Basil rather than a Sweet Basil, but it makes a nice pesto.  We also use pecans from Costco (such a good deal!), parmesan from Costco that I shred and freeze, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.  I usually make this pesto in bulk and freeze them in ice cube trays to use when time is tight (which is ALWAYS).



I followed the rest of the instructions as written, and it turned out delicious and made so much!  We served it with a caesar salad. We had enough for dinner for two adults and a three-year-old, lunch for two adults, and froze the leftovers for another full dinner another time.  Since I haven't eaten the frozen meal yet I can't swear to how good that tastes, but it should be just fine.

Here is our dog Penny begging for just a little taste.  No no Penny, this goes in MY tummy.


-elke

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment